MARCY, N.Y. -- A package with synthetic marijuana was found at the Marcy Correctional Facility.
An officer assigned to process packages at the prison discovered it last Thursday, and became suspicious of several cans of food whose weight didn't seem correct.
He opened three cans and found a balloon in each one. The balloons contained a green leafy substance and tested positive for synthetic marijuana – also known as K2.
The contraband was placed into evidence.
The inmate, 65, who is serving a three year sentence after being convicted of robbery faces disciplinary charges.
The package was mailed from downstate.
- 5 ounces of synthetic marijuana found inside canned goods at Marcy prison
- Cocaine and synthetic marijuana found during Rome traffic stop
- Responding to synthetic opioid threats
- 2 injured in Marcy crash
- 1 man hospitalized following crash in Marcy
- Fire collapses roof at home in Marcy
- Marcy woman wins CMN $100,000 Miracle Drawing
- Marcy-Deerfield cheerleaders heading to national competition
- Coyote sightings in Marcy; two dogs killed
- Four injured in Marcy two-car crash