UTICA, N.Y. -- The world's best runners will be back to run the streets of Utica in just about two weeks from now.
The 2018 Boilermaker men's and women's Open champions will be back to defend their titles.
Gabriel Geay, from Tanzania, won the 2018 race with a time of 43 minutes, 40 seconds.
Geay is scheduled to be back in Utica, as is Women's Open winner Mary Wacera, from Kenya. She won her 4th Boilermaker in 2018 at a time of 50 minutes, 1 second.
If Wacera wins this year, she would be the first five-time Women's Open winner.
- Boilermaker 2018 men's & women's champs to return this year
- Boilermaker 2018 forecast
- Boilermaker announces 2018 Charity Bib partners
- 2018 Boilermaker - A picture perfect day!
- Tyler Vega, Lexi Bernard win Boilermaker 5K men and women titles
- Security heightened for this year's Boilermaker race
- Champs Sports reopens at Sangertown Square
- PHOTO GALLERIES: Boilermaker 2017
- Interactive Boilermaker Section
- NewsTalk: Post-Boilermaker Nutrition