HERKIMER, N.Y.-The EPA has awarded a $200,000 grant for the Herkimer County Industrial Development Agency.
The HCIDA intends to use the funds to identify and assess Brownfield sites in the County.
One Brownfield site mentioned was the Duofold site in Ilion.
In order to receive the grant, the Herkimer County IDA Executive Director John Piseck told NewsChannel 2 that they needed to hold a public meeting to see what residents want, and how they think the funds should be put to use.
“We would rather find a way to use the structures instead of tearing them down. So in a lot of cases we will bring in structural engineers to see the facility like we did with Duofold and say, hey look, the bones are still good, let’s build off of that. Well we want the community’s input on what we should put at those locations.” Piseck said.
At this time, no word if construction will begin at the Duofold site, or any another sites in Herkimer County.
- Grant awarded to Herkimer County Industrial Development Agency
- Arc Herkimer awards volunteers for contributions to the agency
- Herkimer County farm wins prestigious international award
- Developments for a proposed road project in Herkimer County
- Herkimer County awarded nearly $4 Million to help area children
- Herkimer County among 7 to receive emergency communications grant
- New York to announce economic development awards
- Oneonta to offer grants for downtown development
- Herkimer County approves 2018 budget
- Water rescue in Herkimer County