UPDATE AS OF 1:45 PM FRIDAY:
Herkimer County Fair Officials tell NewsChannel 2 that the first water samples from Friday monring's test came back negative.
The Fair however remains under the boil water advisory as a second sample is being submitted. The Fair will know Saturday weather they will be cleared by the Health Department to return to normal.
FRANKFORT, N.Y. - WKTV has learned there are some water issues at the Herkimer County Fair.
Richard Elthorp, the President of the Herkimer County Fair Association, tells NewsChannel 2 that sometime Wednesday night a main water valve broke at the Fairgrounds.
A crew was called in to fix it, only for it to break a second time.
People attending the Fair are still allowed to use the bathrooms, but to get a drink they need to use bottled water for now.
“We are a under a boil water... until tomorrow (Friday), when we take another sampling to Utica to have it tested so the health department can give us the all clear.” Elthorp said.
WKTV will be following up with Fair officials Friday. We will update this story as new information becomes available.
- Herkimer County Fair under a boil water advisory
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory lifted in Herkimer
- BOIL WATER ADVISORY: Village of Herkimer
- Boil water advisory in effect in Herkimer
- Boil water advisory in effect for section of Herkimer
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory lifted in Oriskany
- Boil water advisory issued for Cherry Valley
- Boil water advisory for section of Paris
- Boil water advisory lifted in Middleville
- Boil water advisory in Clark Mills, Westmoreland