FRANKFORT, N.Y.-The featured artist performing at The Herkimer County Fair Thursday evening was Rylee Lum.
Lum is just 13 years old and a native of Gilbertsville.
Lum has performed at many other county fairs in New York State, adding Herkimer to his list Thursday.
Rylee’s Mom Amber says he has accomplished so much on the state, national, and even international stages at his age.
"Rylee has been to Nashville. He has won world song awards for inviting his own original music. We just got back from Georgia, (Dawsonville) and he won the ISSA award for young adult of the year." Amber said.
"He had started off as guitar about eight years old, and then he discovered singing in the shower actually when he was about nine and a half, and then he did his first talent show at school and he won it, and it just kind of took off from there." Amber added.
ISSA stands for International Song Singer Association. There is a chance Rylee could be back at the Herkimer County Fair on Sunday for the Bug Country Showdown singing competition, but it’s not confirmed yet at this time.
- Rylee Lum performs at Herkimer County Fair
- Herkimer County Fair underway in Frankfort
- Mug Club: Herkimer College Career Fair
- Herkimer County Fair under a boil water advisory
- Herkimer County approves 2018 budget
- Water rescue in Herkimer County
- Animal trouble in Herkimer County
- Herkimer County Envirothon competition held
- The Temptations to perform in Chevy Court for NYS Fair
- 18 Herkimer County veterans added to memorial at Herkimer College