REMSEN, N.Y.-One person was airlifted to a Syracuse Hospital after taking in carbon monoxide poisoning Monday afternoon.
Remsen fire officials tell NewsChannel 2 that just before 2:00 pm Monday they were called to Maple Ave in Remsen for a carbon monoxide poisoning. When they arrived they found a generator that wasn’t working right and an unidentified man who was suffering the effects.
He was flown by Mercy Flight to a Syracuse Hospital. It is unclear what the man’s condition is at this time.
In addition to the Remsen Fire Department; State Police, and STAR Ambulance also responded to the scene.
We will update this story on air and on WKTV.com as more information becomes available.