POLAND, N.Y.- There are many back to school giveaways this time of year, but this 4th grader from Poland is worth checking out.
9-year-old Paytin Synakowski is giving away 50 backpacks, filled with school supplies to other kids in need.
Paytin has been doing this for three years now, with her own money.
She has sold her toys, held bake sales, and even bottle drives to raise money to purchase these supplies, and she saves money from birthdays and holidays too.
Paytin’s mother says it all started when Paytin wished to save up for a trip to Disney, but instead decided to spend the money to spread kindness and help those in need.
“It's really important to me because I think that the kids really enjoy having school supplies when they walk into school on the first day.” Paytin said. Because some kids may not have the school supplies (stuff) to go to school to get the backpacks so I just donate it to the local schools.”
“I want to do this because other kids might not know what to say or do of what this is. So, you maybe could be another child like doing this and it makes you feel really good to do it. Paytin added.
Paytin wants to continue to fundraise and collect donations for Christmas. She wants to put together kids care bags for the Ronald McDonald house and fill them with toys, books, games, and more.
- Poland 9-year-old giving away backpacks for back to school
- Classes at Poland Central School resume Monday
- Free Backpack Giveaway Today
- Fire destroys Poland mobile home
- Poland High School students, parents express safety concerns
- Poland Central School closed next two days following fire
- Poland Central School remains closed Friday following fire
- Volunteer firefighters honored following quick action in Poland school fire
- Poland Central School students show appreciation for veterans