NEW HARTFORD, N.Y.- A malfunctioning air conditioning unit drew a fire department response to Bradley Elementary School in New Hartford Thursday night.
Crews from the New Hartford Fire Department were called to the school around 9:00pm.
Assistant New Hartford Fire Chief James Monahan tells NewsChannel 2: “Upon arrival we encountered some smoke conditions on the second floor, where we upgraded our alarm to a fire for investigation, and at that time we found that there's a malfunctioning HVAC unit on the second floor”.
It appears to have been a Freon leak.
There was no damage to the building and Superintendent Bob Nole says that school will be open Friday as usual.
No injuries were reported.
- Malfunctioning Air Conditioning Unit draws Fire Department response at Bradley Elementary School in New Hartford
- Harlem Globetrotter visits New Hartford elementary school
- Sprinkler malfunction forced firefighter response at Utica hotel
- NY Air National Guard unit to help with hurricane response
- New Hartford draws big crowd for Memorial Day Parade
- Malfunctioning wood stove caused fatal fire in Marshall
- House Fire in New Hartford
- Mohawk Valley Water Authority warns customers of December equipment malfunction
- Second US fertility clinic reports egg storage tank malfunction
- Apple offering to fix iPhone 8 devices affected by malfunction