UTICA, N.Y.- Downtown Getdown kicked off Friday night in Utica.
The party started at the Uptown Theatre on Genesee Street.
This is the fourth year for the event and the highlight on Friday was the debut of the sixth edition Utica passport, which is a limited-edition book showcasing the area’s most distinctive local businesses.
There was live music and comedy standups.
Katie Reilly, the Co-Founder of Handshake City Utica says: “We really believe in revitalization of the uptown and a lot of the stuff that we do is located downtown and Handshake city so we thought to kick things off it would be nice to come up here and collaborate with them, encourage people to check out what they are doing and also the improv show."
Reilly says that with downtown Utica usually getting all the highlights, they wanted to give South Utica some attention with this event.
The event continues Saturday morning at 9:00 am in Franklin Square Alley with a Yoga Class being taught by Sara Miller. For more information on the event click here.
- Downtown Getdown underway in Utica
- The 3rd annual 'Downtown Getdown' festival kicks off at Franklin Square
- Downtown foot patrol in Utica
- Downtown Utica Enjoys Free Concert
- St. Patrick's Day Parade underway in Utica
- Construction work underway at Utica Public Library
- Man injured in Utica assault, investigation underway
- Shots fired investigation underway in Utica
- Police investigate stabbing in downtown Utica apartment
- Minivan crashes into mosque in downtown Utica