LEYDEN – Fire crews from six different departments responded to a barn fire in the town of Leyden early Monday morning, which destroyed the barn and killed dozens of cows.
Calls came in around 5:30 a.m. Monday reporting a structure fire on West Road in the town of Leyden, Lewis County. Crews were on scene for more than five hours working to put out the flames.
Fire officials say that all 56 cows that were inside the barn died from the fire, and the barn is a total loss.
Crews will be back on scene throughout the day to put out hot spots.
- 56 cows killed in Leyden barn fire
- Several cows killed in Lewis County barn fire
- Cows dead, barn destroyed after massive fire in Little Falls
- Leyden man charged after alleged domestic dispute
- Cause of Trenton barn fire, that killed nearly 200 cows, was electrical
- Police describe finding 27 cows dead inside barn as 'horrific'
- Livestock killed in Little Falls barn fire
- High Speed Chase Ends in Port Leyden: Suspect in Custody
- Fire destroys barn in Plainfield
- DNA samples sought in search for remains after Camp Fire kills 56