The federal Consumer Product Safety Commission along with four different companies have recalled more than 165,000 infant incline sleepers due to risk of suffocation.
The companies impacted by the recall include; Summer Infant, Graco, Delta Enterprises Corp, and Evenflo, according to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
"Infant fatalities have been reported with other manufacturers' inclined sleep products, after the infants rolled from their back to their stomach or side, or under other circumstances," according to news releases from the CPSC on Wednesday.
In 2019, the federal agency announced that Fisher-Price's Rock 'n Play Sleepers were recalled as officials linking the product to over 30 infant deaths in 10 years. CNN contacted the CPSC on Wednesday but they said they couldn't comment on the recalls being related.
The recalled products include the following;
- Summer Infant's SwaddleMe By Your Bed Sleeper, Model number 91394
- Graco Little Lounger Rocking Seat, Model numbers; 1872034, 1875063, 1875102, 1877160, 1882081, 1896313, 1908957, 1914283, 2047734 and 1922809
- Delta Enterprise Corp. Deluxe Incline Sleeper, Model numbers; 27404-2255, 27404-437, 27404-758, and 27404-942
- Evenflo Pillo Portable Napper, Model number 12132125
At this time no injures or deaths have been reported with the current recall, according to the CPSC. They urge consumers to immediately stop using the products and contact the specific companies for refund options.
The products included in the recall were sold nationwide online through merchant websites including Amazon and at various retail stores including Target and Walmart. The Graco Little Lounger Rocking Seat was also sold in Mexico.
- Four companies have recalled more than 165,000 infant incline sleepers due to suffocation risk
- Fisher-Price recalls 71,000 inclined infant sleepers
- Another brand of inclined sleepers recalled over infant safety
- Fisher-Price Rock 'n Play sleepers recalled as officials confirm over 30 infant deaths
- Infant Ibuprofen recall expanded for dosage concerns
- Infant ibuprofen sold at CVS, Walmart and Family Dollar recalled
- Trader Joe's, Green Giant and Signature Farms packaged vegetables recalled due to Listeria risk
- Anti-anxiety med recalled due to 'foreign substance' and infection risk
- Infant Death Investigation
- Infant Immunization Awareness Week