HERKIMER, N.Y. - The 5th annual Herkimer Diamond Days street festival kicked off Friday with food trucks, street vendors, and live music.
The Herkimer County Business and Professional Association of Herkimer puts on this festival.
Food trucks and vendors lined North Main Street in Herkimer from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. and live music by Jenny and The Buckshot 5 begins at 8 p.m.
Saturday's activities start at 10 a.m. with food and street venders. The 1834 Herkimer County Jail will be hosting an open house and giving tours. The Herkimer County Historical Society will also be giving tours.
There will be a dunk tank from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. and proceeds will go to Herkimer Girl Scouts Troop No. 20264 and the Elks Lodge will be presenting a car show from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Myers Park.
Live music will be performed by Scott Raymond starting at 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and dancers from Dancenter of Herkimer and Utica will perform starting at 2.
Other musical performences will include The Happy Haggs, Lauren Quail, and The Dead Bolts.
- Annual Herkimer Diamond Days street festival kicks off
- Herkimer Diamond Mines host 23rd annual Boy Scout Jamboree Weekend
- Herkimer Diamond Mines Opens a New Door
- Herkimer Diamond Mines host Girl Scout Jamboree
- Festival of Lights kicks off holiday season in Herkimer
- Mug Club: Arc Herkimer's Park Community Festival
- Newstalk: Annual Festival of Baskets
- First-ever Mad Mile kicks off St. Patrick's Day festivities
- The 3rd annual 'Downtown Getdown' festival kicks off at Franklin Square
- 40th annual Remsen Barn Festival of the Arts kicks off in Remsen