DEANSBORO- The MKJ Farm in Deansboro hosted the 6th annual Daniel Barden Mudfest on Saturday to raise money for the Daniel Barden Adventure Scholarship.
This race is also known as the "Boilermaker's Dirty Little Brother," that consists of a 5 mile, 5K, and a kid's half-mile obstacle course.
The fundraiser started in 2012 after the Sandy Hook school shooting that killed 20 children, one of them being first-grader Daniel Barden.
Many of those who participated in the race said they have some sort of connection to the shooting. "Being a police officer and I work as a school resource officer and knowing Daniel Barden's story. I knew this was something I had to do," said Matthew Wright.
All proceeds from the event will benefit the Daniel Barden Scholarship for teens.
- 6th annual Daniel Barden Mudfest
- NEWSTALK: 6th annual Daniel Barden Mudfest
- NewsTalk: Daniel Barden Mudfest
- Runners get muddy for the 7th annual Daniel Barden Mudfest
- Daniel Barden Mudfest inspires confidence in high school-bound teens
- A sneak peak at Mudfest 2019
- Mug Club: 6th Annual CNY Mom Prom
- Cooperstown celebrates 6th Annual Spring Fling
- Mudfest sponsors refugees in Boilermaker's Charity Bib program
- Mug Club: Herkimer High School 6th Annual Craft Show