WESTMORELAND, N.Y. -- A driver was ticketed after crashing his SUV into a Westmoreland school bus Thursday morning.
The Oneida County Sheriff's Office says it happened a little after 7 a.m. on Lowell Road.
The sheriff says Robert Edwards, 55 of Rome, failed to stop when the bus activated its yellow flashing lights and stopped to pick up a student.
He ran into the back of the bus, and officials say there was only minimal damage.
Seven students on the bus weren’t injured, and the drivers were not hurt.
- 7 students uninjured after SUV crashes into Westmoreland school bus
- SUV crashes into Westmoreland convenience store, driver ticketed
- Driver uninjured after hitting Sauquoit pizzeria building
- 1 injured in 2-car crash in Westmoreland
- Utica woman injured in Westmoreland rollover crash
- 2 injured in crash in Westmoreland
- 2-car crash in Westmoreland shuts down roadway
- Westmoreland woman dead in Vienna crash
- Westmoreland Pool Fundraiser
- NEWSTALK: Halloween in Westmoreland