UTICA – It was a rainy day for the 7th annual Relay For Life Kids Walk on Wednesday morning.
The walk began and ended at the Neighborhood Center in Utica. It’s put on each year by Team Rays of Hope, which was formed six years ago to take part in the Relay for Life to support a fellow coworker and friend.
In May 2012, the group decided to hold their own Kids Walk, and it’s continued ever since.
"We started this because our co-worker, Maribel, got cancer and she passed," said Berkieda Boyd, a local childcare teacher. "So, we do this to honor her every year. It's been seven years now."
This year's Relay For Life of Greater Utica Presented by MVHS will be Saturday, June 9 at Mohawk Valley Community College. For more information, click here.
- 7th annual Relay for Life Kids Walk held in Utica
- Utica College hosts 4th annual Relay for Life
- Relay for life brings cancer survivors together
- Frankfort holds 7th annual youth fishing derby
- Annual Interfaith walk for peace and justice held
- More than 200 take part in 7th annual 'Walk a Mile in My Shoes'
- Mug Club: Relay Night
- Cooperstown man shares cancer story ahead of Relay for Life
- American Cancer Society kicked off Relay for Life
- Runners get muddy for the 7th annual Daniel Barden Mudfest