UTICA – It was a rainy day for the 7th annual Relay For Life Kids Walk on Wednesday morning.
The walk began and ended at the Neighborhood Center in Utica. It’s put on each year by Team Rays of Hope, which was formed six years ago to take part in the Relay for Life to support a fellow coworker and friend.
In May 2012, the group decided to hold their own Kids Walk, and it’s continued ever since.
"We started this because our co-worker, Maribel, got cancer and she passed," said Berkieda Boyd, a local childcare teacher. "So, we do this to honor her every year. It's been seven years now."
This year's Relay For Life of Greater Utica Presented by MVHS will be Saturday, June 9 at Mohawk Valley Community College. For more information, click here.
- 7th annual Relay for Life Kids Walk held in Utica
- Utica College hosts 4th annual Relay for Life
- Frankfort holds 7th annual youth fishing derby
- More than 200 take part in 7th annual 'Walk a Mile in My Shoes'
- Mug Club: Relay Night
- Cooperstown man shares cancer story ahead of Relay for Life
- Walk for Autism walks held in four locations today
- School Safety Summit held in Utica
- 20th annual Brewfest to be held Saturday at the Utica Zoo
- Clinton holds 40th annual KAC Run & Walk