NEW MILFORD, Conn. (AP) - The mother of a suspect in an apparent murder-suicide spanning three states said in a 911 call that he had confessed to killing three people including his 7-month-old son.
The woman said in the call released by North Carolina police that her son, Steven Pladl, had killed the baby in Knightdale, North Carolina. She reported he also said he had killed his daughter and her adoptive father, who were shot in New Milford, Connecticut.
The boy was born from an incestuous relationship between Pladl and his daughter, who was also his wife.
The mother said in the 911 call Thursday morning that Pladl told her his wife had broken up with him over the phone.
Police said the 45-year-old Pladl was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot later Thursday in New York.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 911 call: Mom says son in incest case confessed to killing 3
- Man's death in state facility spurs call for 911 legislation
- Cops responding to 911 call find 4-foot gator in building
- Austin bomber leaves 25 minute 'confession'
- Police: Mom used kitchen knife to decapitate 7-year-old son
- Herkimer Police Department now utilizing county 911 Center for overnight calls
- Police: Man calls 911 to make a report, gets charged with DWI
- Man who left mother in woods now sought following 911 call, foot chase
- Rome residents receive reverse 911 call as police respond to domestic incident
- Otsego Co. Sheriff agrees to recuse himself from son's case