UTICA – A total of $931,243 was raised by the 2018 America’s Greatest Heart Run and Walk.
The total comes from funds raised by walkers and runners, the WKTV Heart Telethon donations and the WIBX Radiothon. The WKTV Heart Telethon raised $98,854.
Although the weather and turnout was better than in 2017, when sub-zero temperatures kept people at home that normally would have walked or run, the total raised this year was less than the year prior.
Last year, for the first time in 17 years, the initial total raised by the Heart Run and Walk did not surpass $1 million. At the conclusion of the Heart Run and Walk, the total was $976,143. However, it was later revealed that donations in the final hours and aftermath of the event raised the total to $1,068,372.
For full coverage of the day’s events, visit wktv.com/community/heart-run.
- $931,243 raised by 2018 Heart Run and Walk
- Cardboard Classic raises funds for Heart Run and Walk
- Participants refuel following Heart Run and Walk
- Heart Run and Walk officials want to reach 10,000 participants
- Jim Stasaitis steps away from Heart Run Walk
- Sorority gala raises funds for Heart Association