NEW HARTFORD- For many sports fans it is a dream come true to meet their favorite player. On Sunday one local resident did just that by meeting Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly.
“I am very very excited,” said 89-year-old Jewel Vayo. “He has been #1 on my bucket list for a long long time.”
Kelly the Buffalo Bill’s former quarterback was signing autographs and taking pictures with local fans. For Vayo she was lucky enough to be the first one through the door to meet Jim Kelly himself.
“You look beautiful today,” said Kelly. “Your name is Jewel; oh you are a jewel aren’t ya?”
Vayo a local Ilion native spent her valuable minutes with Kelly speaking of the past.
“You know when I first saw you, you played with the Houston Gamblers,” said Vayo. “I said, boy, there is an arm, I’ve never seen anything quite like it.”
“This is a dream come true,” said Vayo.
- A Memory For a Lifetime
- Local Paralympian wins Sitrin lifetime achievement award
- Lifetime Utica resident running for 6th Ward councilman seat
- Hockey takes local 4th grader on a trip of a lifetime
- Local five-year-old boy experiences 'ride' of a lifetime at Watkins Glen
- Yorkville Fire Memorial
- Memorial Day Weekend Forecast
- Clinton celebrates Memorial Day
- Memorial fund aims to keep officer Kevin Crossley's memory alive
- Inaugural Memorial Day ceremony for Vietnam Memorial at Griffiss