UTICA, N.Y. - A big thank you went out Thursday night in Utica.
The Utica Center for Development, which is the parent company of the Central New York Veterans Outreach Center held a reception and dedication for their Veterans Housing Project room sponsors.
As the Outreach Center was running low on funding during construction of their new housing, a number of donors came through to help make the project a reality and Thursday night those people received some much deserved recognition.
Each room in the center now has a plaque with the name of a donor on it.
Utica Center for Development Founder Vincent Scalise says it was an easy decision to hold the thank you ceremony, "We asked the community for help to pitch in, and they did. And they came out with tremendous support. And for those that donated $1000 or more we dedicated a room And today was the unveiling of the plaques that have their names on it, just a little show of appreciation for their help because without the community we couldn't have helped as many people as we have."
Those in attendance were also given a tour of the renovated facility on Washington Street in downtown Utica.
- A big CNY Veterans Outreach Center thank you!
- Consider donating broken Christmas lights to CNY Veterans Outreach Center
- White Party raises money for CNY Veteran's Outreach Center
- Vets get fresh haircut at CNY Veterans Outreach Center
- Tenney makes donation to Veterans Outreach Center
- Veterans Outreach Center Apartments Now Open
- Renovations to Veterans Outreach Center gym now complete
- A sneak peek inside the newly renovated Veterans Outreach Center
- Mug Club: Veteran's Outreach Center Holiday Baskets & Services