Last night's heavy rain caused some minor flooding early Friday morning in areas that are very prone to it in the spring. The forecast is calling for dry weather through Saturday, so no additional flooding is expected in the short term.
The weather for the weekend starts out pleasant. Skies clear out for Friday night, with temperatures falling into the upper 20s. Sunshine is expected in abundance on Saturday, with highs near 50. It will actually feel like spring in the afternoon before clouds arrive Saturday evening.
The next weather system brings dramatic changes to our area by Sunday. A strong cold front arrives Saturday night as a round of rain, changing to snow. Little accumulation is expected. Cold and windy on Sunday afternoon, with scattered snow showers as lake effect snow tries to develop in very dry air. The windy conditions will make it feel like teens and 20s for most of the day.
The weather does turn less cold and windy on Monday, with highs in the low 40s. We do have to watch Tuesday for the next round of rain.
- A spring to winter weekend
- Locals are fed up with winter and ready for spring
- Feeling like early spring
- Spring pays a visit
- Winter Reminders
- NewsTalk: Meteorologist Jill Reale breaks down weekend winter storm
- Weekend forecast
- Mug Club: UFA Spring Fling
- Firefighters say check smoke alarms as we 'spring forward' this weekend
- Application open for spring 2018 Excelsior Scholarship