Plenty of winter to talk about lately. The weekend snowstorm brought a foot of snow, followed by record cold temperatures. Griffiss fell to -20 this morning, breaking the low temperature record of -16 set back in 2005.
Moving forward, a push of warm weather looks to return, but at a price. A widespread wintry mix is expected tomorrow morning and early afternoon as the next weather system arrives. Surface temperatures remain below freezing until the early afternoon, meaning sleet and freezing rain could briefly accumulate. We do think temperatures eventually climb above freezing later in the day, with improving driving conditions for the evening commute.
Remember, it doesn't take much freezing rain to cause problems, so it is something to be aware of when heading out tomorrow morning and early afternoon.
Rain turns back to snow for Thursday, with colder conditions arriving for the end of the week.
- Wintry mix tonight
- A wintry mix on the way for Wednesday
- Wintry mix continues for spots Monday night
- Tracking a wintry mix early Friday morning
- Recipe: Avalanche Cookie's mix your childhood favorites
- Preschoolers served Pine-Sol in juice mix-up
- A mix of snow and sleet this weekend
- Utica Curling Club hosts GNCC inaugural Mixed Doubles Championship
- Mixed verdict in New Hartford psychiatrist's sex abuse trial
- Winter Storm Wednesday