According to AAA, significant savings are on the way at the gas pump after Labor Day.
Right now, the average price we pay in the Utica/Rome region is $2.77 a gallon, that's $.03 lower than a week ago, $.07 lower than a month ago and $.17 lower than a year ago.
Among the reasons for the relief is less expensive crude oil prices, as well as lower demand and the change to winter-blend gasoline, however, hurricane season can often disrupt decreases at the pump.
- AAA: Gas prices to fall after Labor Day
- Gas prices expected to surge during Labor Day weekend
- Memorial Day gas prices remain stubbornly high
- Gas prices expected to rise
- No drop in gas prices anytime soon
- Local gas prices showing some slight relief
- High gas prices won't slow summer fun
- AAA offers summer travel safety tips
- Ed Welsh is retiring from AAA
- Local gas prices are highest they've been since 2015