ALDI has recalled Choceur Dark Chocolate Bars due to an undeclared nut allergen.
According to a recall notice issued by the company, ALDI has voluntarily recalled the chocolate bars as a precautionary measure due to the potential presence of almond pieces that weren’t listed on the packaging. The recall was issued after an ALDI employee found almond pieces in the product, which could cause an allergic reaction in customers with nut allergies.
ALDI has removed the recalled chocolate bars from its stores, but if you purchased one prior to the recall, check for the best-by date of July 24, 2018, and the UPC code 4149817964. They’re 5.29 ounce chocolate bars with brown and red wrapping.
New York is one of 24 states where the chocolate bars were sold.
ALDI says that no illnesses related to the recalled product have been reported.
If you have questions about the recall, you can call ALDI customer service at 1-800-325-7894 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. (central time) Monday through Friday, or contact them at aldi.us/customer-service.
- ALDI recalls Choceur Dark Chocolate Bars for unlisted nut allergen
- Stewart's Shops recalling drink due to undeclared milk allergen
- Almost All U.S. Bedrooms are Home to Allergens
- Harried Housewife: Chocolate Truffles
- Aldi store being demolished in Ilion
- Harried Housewife: White Russian Hot Chocolate
- Harried Housewife: Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
- National publication touts Utica bakery’s chocolate croissant
- RECALL ALERT: Rose Acre Farms eggs recalled for bacterial contamination
- Trial puts spotlight on dark side of college basketball