Photo Gallery 1 Images
UPDATE: The AMBER Alert for 12-year-old Malaya Johnson of Hudson Falls has been canceled.
The Associated Press reports that Malaya Johnson has been in contact with her family and she says that she's OK, but she's not returning home. Her location remains unknown at this time.
Police say 19-year-old George Torres of the Bronx was arrested Thursday and charged with kidnapping and endangering the welfare of a minor. The two allegedly connected on social media and arranged for Torres to pick her up after school Wednesday and take her to New York City.
An AMBER Alert has been issued for a 12-year-old girl in Washington County.
The alert says that the Washington County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a child abduction that occurred near Oak Street in Hudson Falls around 3 p.m. Wednesday.
Malaya Johnson is described as being a 12-year-old black female with long brown hair and brown eyes. She’s approximately 5 feet tall, weighs about 115 pounds, and she was last seen wearing light red jeans, a white tank top and a light colored backpack with a design.
Malaya was last seen traveling in a red two-door Ford Mustang with an unknown license plate, which may have been occupied by two unknown Hispanic males. The vehicle may be heading for New York City.
The alert states that the child was taken under circumstances that lead police to believe she is in imminent danger of serious physical injury and/or death.
If you have any information, or you need to report a sighting, you’re asked to call the Washington County Sheriff’s Office at 866-NYS-AMBER or call 911.
- UPDATE: AMBER Alert canceled for 12-year-old Washington County girl
- Missing Rochester 14-year-old girl found, Amber Alert canceled
- Amber Alert canceled; missing 14-year-old girl found safe
- Amber Alert for Ogdensburg teen cancelled
- Amber Alert cancelled for missing toddler, search continues
- UPDATE: Missing baby from Amber Alert found safe
- Amber Alert for 14-month-old toddler after mother's body found
- From local PD's desk, to your cell phone; what qualifies as an Amber Alert
- UPDATE: 5 more overdoses since Oneida County alert issued
- UPDATE: Police ID 12-year-old killed in Otter Lake boat crash