HERKIMER, N.Y. -- Saturday is the 50th anniversary of the ARC-Herkimer.
The organization was founded in 1969 by some local parents of disabled children.
Those parents were concerned about what would happen to their kids when they turned 21.
Since then, those kids have grown in many ways, giving them much to celebrate on this 50th anniversary on May 3, 2019.
"From the original parent group that got together to form ARC Herkimer, we really have morphed into a multi-million dollar business, employing 400 people for our staff, providing services for 787 people with disabilities throughout Herkimer County, operating 40 facilities and being the second-largest employer in the county,” said Kevin Crosley, the president and CEO.
While those are all significant milestones, Crosley says what they really do all this for are all the smiles on the faces of the people they support and serve.
- ARC-Herkimer celebrating 50th anniversary this weekend
- Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce celebrates 50th anniversary
- Arc Park celebrates one-year anniversary with community festival
- Mug Club: Arc Herkimer's Park Community Festival
- Herkimer Arc donates new patrol bikes to police department
- Arc Herkimer awards volunteers for contributions to the agency
- NY state kicks in $690K for Woodstock 50th anniversary event
- Remembering MLK on the 50th anniversary of his assassination
- Planning, preps, underway for Woodstock 50th anniversary show
- ARC Otsego awarded renovation funding