In the midst of flu season, AT&T is offering tips for people to properly sanitize their electronic devices without damaging them.
If your family is sharing electronics such as phone charges, TV remotes and tablets, it’s important to disinfect them to prevent the spreading of germs, but it’s also important to know how to properly do so.
AT&T offers the following tips to safely disinfect electronics:
- Use a wrung-out disinfectant towel to clean the surface of the device including the case on a regular basis. DO NOT spray your device.
- Follow-up immediately with a microfiber cloth or paper towel.
- For hard to get spots, like a phone jack or charging port, do not use a Q-tip or tooth pick. Try an antibiotic putty usually available online for electronics.
- Use your Bluetooth devices more frequently.
- Stop using your phone in a restroom.