In the midst of flu season, AT&T is offering tips for people to properly sanitize their electronic devices without damaging them.
If your family is sharing electronics such as phone charges, TV remotes and tablets, it’s important to disinfect them to prevent the spreading of germs, but it’s also important to know how to properly do so.
AT&T offers the following tips to safely disinfect electronics:
- Use a wrung-out disinfectant towel to clean the surface of the device including the case on a regular basis. DO NOT spray your device.
- Follow-up immediately with a microfiber cloth or paper towel.
- For hard to get spots, like a phone jack or charging port, do not use a Q-tip or tooth pick. Try an antibiotic putty usually available online for electronics.
- Use your Bluetooth devices more frequently.
- Stop using your phone in a restroom.
- AT&T offers tips for safely disinfecting electronics
- Tips for staying safe this Halloween
- AAA offers summer travel safety tips
- National Grid offers tips to keep yourself and home safe during power outage
- Bitter cold temperatures grip the area, experts offer tips to stay safe
- Hamilton College officials disinfect campus, search for norovirus outbreak source
- Drones offer safe alternative to fireworks
- Griffo to host electronics recycling event Saturday
- Herkimer Fire and some tips to keep you safe
- Fire officials provide tips on safely preparing Thanksgiving meals