UPDATE: An Onondaga County man was airlifted to Upstate Medical University following an accident on the Thruway late Wednesday night, according to New York State Police.
The accident occurred at approximately 11:08 p.m. Wednesday on the Thruway near Exit 32, in the town of Whitestown.
Police say 64-year-old Jeffrey Ross of Cleveland, Ohio, was driving a tractor trailer westbound on I-90 when he struck a 2006 Dodge Ram pickup truck driven by 34-year-old Brett Sullivan of Brewerton, Onondaga County, which was disabled in the driving lane of traffic.
Police say Sullivan was airlifted to Upstate Medical University to be treated for serious, life-threatening injuries.
No other injuries were reported in the crash.
WESTMORELAND, N.Y. - The left lane on the thruway is back open westbound between Exits 31 and 32 after an accident shut it down for four hours overnight.
The accident happened just after 11 p.m. last night.
State police say a tractor trailer and pickup truck were involved in the accident.
They said the driver of the pickup truck was flown by helicopter to Upstate Medical University in Syracuse. Were still waiting to hear back on the condition of the driver. The driver of the tractor trailer was taken to an area hospital by ambulance.
The westbound lanes of the thruway were closed after the accident and traffic was brought to a standstill.
Authorities re-opened the left lane, wastbound just after 3:30 a.m.
- UPDATE: Onondaga County man sustains life-threatening injuries in I-90 crash
- 2 killed in head-on crash in Onondaga County
- Onondaga County man facing charges after 2-car crash that killed 3
- Crash kills 3 current, former Onondaga Community College students
- Murder charges in fiery Onondaga crash that killed 3
- Mother, daughter suffer life threatening injuries in Yorkville house fire
- 3 killed in hit and run in Onondaga County
- State police continue to investigate 1972 homicide in Onondaga County
- Onondaga County executive stepping down for job with state
- Yorkville woman dies from injuries sustained in house fire