Interstate 88 in Oneonta was shut down Tuesday morning for more than four hours, after a tractor-trailer crash.
Otsego County Sheriff Richard Devlin says a tow truck lost control and collided with a tandem tractor-trailer around 2 a.m.
Both lanes heading east between exits 16 and 17 were closed until about 7 a.m. Then one lane opened up for traffic to move along through.
A second tractor-trailer and a box truck ran over some debris also causing an accident.
One of the tractor-trailers had both fuel tanks rupture, so the DEC was called in to clean up the spill.
The sheriff says there were no serious injuries due to the crash.
- Truck crash, spill shuts down I-88 in Oneonta
- Tractor-trailer crash closes I-88 south of Oneonta
- Pickup truck, school bus crash in Oneonta
- UPDATE: 1 lane of I-88 remains closed between exits 17, 18 following crash
- Oneonta Hotel Court Decision
- 2-car crash in Westmoreland shuts down roadway
- Frankfort man accused of menacing with airsoft gun while driving on I-88
- 45-year-old Walton woman dies in Oneonta crash
- It's Arbor Day in Oneonta
- Hundreds graduate from SUNY Oneonta