An accumulating snowfall is expected Monday. A Winter Weather
Advisory is issued for Hamilton, Herkimer, Lewis, Oneida, Madison,
Otsego, and Chenango Counties. This runs from Monday morning until
midnight on Monday.
Here's the timeline:
Sunday night: Increasing clouds. Low 28.
Monday morning: Scattered light snow showers. Upper 20s.
Monday afternoon: Snow/rain mix. High 37.
Monday evening: Heavy snow. Lower 30s.
Monday night: Lingering snow showers. Low 32.
Here's the details. Monday morning, the snow begins light and scattered
for the Southern Valleys first, then moving into the Mohawk Valley. By
the afternoon, the Mohawk Valley will have a rain snow mix. The
precipitation will remain as snow for the North country and Southern
Valleys with temperatures staying below freezing.
Monday evening, the snow becomes widespread and heavy at times. Be
careful driving through this with slippery roads expected. Some of the
rain could freeze over to ice as we head towards Monday night. The snow
eventually ends overnight into Tuesday morning.
Overall, here's how much snowfall is possible by the end of Monday:
- Accumulating snow Monday
- Accumulating snow returns Monday night
- Accumulating snow expected Friday
- The first snow accumulation of the season
- Accumulating snowfall and gusty winds Monday
- Snow showers continue Monday
- Snow, snow, snow
- Another round of snow Monday night
- Lake effect snow for the Monday morning commute
- Another round of rain and snow returns late Monday night