A strong cold front moves through the region early this morning with a burst of snow and dropping temperatures. Expect another half an inch to an inch of accumulation before the snow comes to an end. Clouds give way to some sunshine but that will not help temperatures warm up. Temperatures will actually drop into the teens throughout the day with the wind chill near zero degrees.
The wind has already picked up this morning and will continue to be breezy throughout the day, creating whiteout conditions with blowing and drifting snow, especially on open roadways. In addition, with temperatures dropping, any untreated surfaces, like parking lots and driveways, will become iced over and slippery.
A few snow showers possible on Tuesday but all eyes are on Wednesday with the next storm system approaching the area. Snow looks to arrive by mid morning, continuing throughout the afternoon and evening. Since we are still 48 hours out, we won't give out specific snowfall totals but looks like a moderate snowfall for all of central NY. Several more opportunites for snow and maybe rain as we head into next weekend. Winter does not look to quit anytime soon.
- Active Work Week
- Work week starts with snow.
- Spring break activities planned all week at the Utica Zoo
- Catholic school active shooter training
- Light snow to start the work week
- Utica Children's Museum has full week of activities for mid-winter break
- Active Shooter Drill at Utica College
- Active shooter training at Morrisville State College
- Police say there's active shooter at YouTube
- Active shooter awareness program for seniors