A new executive director has been appointed for the Adirondack Rail Preservation Society, three months after the former executive director resigned from the position.
Jack Roberson has been appointed the new executive director of the Adirondack Rail Preservation Society, which operates the Adirondack Scenic Railroad. The former executive director, Bethan Maher, resigned from the position in December to take on a new position with the American Heritage Railways in Washington State.
Roberson has an extensive background working with railroads as he formerly served as general manager of the Machu-Picchu Andean Railway, general manager of the San Luis & Rio Grande Railroad, president and CEO of the Central Andean Railway, and general manager of Southern Peru Copper Corporation.
“I am excited to join a team that has revitalized an important economic asset in central upstate New York,” Roberson said in a news release. “The ARPS and the Adirondack Scenic Railroad are major contributors to and supporters of the tourism and recreation sector from the Mohawk Valley into the Olympic Region of the Adirondacks. My family and I are looking forward to working with the Board, staff and hundreds of volunteers to grow this operation to become a magnet attraction in the northeast United States.”
The ARPS also announced that Paul Titterton and Vince Sperrazza have been elected to serve as directors of the ARPS. Titterton currently serves as vice president and chief commercial officer of the North American Rail for GATX Corporation, and Sperrazza is a retired science teacher and former teacher’s union president.
- Adirondack Rail Preservation Society appoints new executive director
- Executive director of Adirondack Rail Preservation Society leaving for WA
- Adirondack Scenic Railroad Executive Director resigns
- Adirondack rail trail amendment awaits governor's approval
- Tim Reed appointed interim executive director of local United Way
- Local United Way appoints new executive director and CEO
- Picente appoints new probation director
- Adirondack Park Agency proposal would allow rail-trail plan
- Adirondack Scenic Railroad gets new interim executive director, two 'new' cars
- Adirondack Community Pride Day