UTICA, N.Y. -- The Adirondack Scenic Railroad has acquired new property for a new maintenance facility.
The property is located just down from the tracks at Utica’s Union Station, and will soon be home to a 4,800 square-foot building.
Officials with the railroad say that this will not only help expand the railroad but will provide the opportunity for more projects in the future.
The next step is the clearing of the land and sending out requests for construction bids.
The railroad is hoping to break ground on the new facility in early September.
- Adirondack Scenic Railroad get new property for maintenance facility
- Mug Club: Adirondack Scenic Railroad
- Adirondack Scenic Railroad Executive Director resigns
- Adirondack Scenic Railroad gets new interim executive director, two 'new' cars
- Adirondack Scenic Railroad holding job fair to fill open positions for The Polar Express
- Adirondack state prison converted into adolescent facility
- Adirondack Community Pride Day
- Adirondack Food and Fuel progress
- Trenton Falls Scenic Trails to open this weekend
- Fall opening at Trenton Falls Scenic Trails this weekend