NEW YORK (AP) - Safety regulators are warning people with kids and pets to immediately stop using a treadmill made by Peloton after one child died and others were injured. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Saturday that it received reports of children and a pet being pulled, pinned and entrapped under the rear roller of the treadmill. The results have included fractures, scrapes and the death of one child. New York-based Peloton said in a news release the warning was “inaccurate and misleading.” It says there’s no reason to stop using the treadmill as long as children and pets are kept away from it.
Safety regulators are warning people with kids and pets to immediately stop using a treadmill made by Peloton after one child died and others were injured.
Posted: Apr 18, 2021 10:07 AM
- After child dies, US regulator warns about Peloton treadmill
- Safety regulators issue warning about Peloton Treadmill
- Peloton warns owners to keep kids away from their treadmills after a child dies
- Peloton recalls all treadmills after a child's death and 70 injuries
- Friendly competition between sheriff, fitness studio owner during Treadmill Challenge
- Child's death prompts new legislation to regulate grease traps
- Peloton sales surge 172% as pandemic bolsters home fitness industry
- Peloton sued for $150 million over its use of songs in workout videos
- Peloton says you 'misinterpreted' its much-maligned holiday ad
- State: New regulations boost workers' scheduling protections
Scroll for more content...