ROME, NY – For the past 9 years Alion Science & Technology in Rome has held a golf tournament to raise money for the Special Operation Warrior Foundation.
On Tuesday they presented a check from the money they raised last year, totaling $20,000, to members of the Special Operations Warrior Foundation at Copper City Brewing in Rome.
In addition to the money raised from the golf tournament, Copper City Brewing is also selling a Special Ops Cream Ale, which they created.
$1 from every pint sold, while supplies last, will also go to the fund.
The money raised for that fund goes to help the children of deceased Special Operations Warriors.
“The money we raise goes to pay full tuition for children of deceased Special Forces members,” says Dino Cencetti of Alion.
“They can be killed in action, killed in training, killed in associated things, but they’re left without a parent. The least we can do is make sure their college tuition is paid for and they have a future ahead of them.”
This year’s golf tournament will tee off Wednesday morning at Crestwood Golf Course in Marcy beginning at 10 am.
The day not only includes a round of golf but lunch and a steak dinner too.
- Alion presents check to Special Operation Warrior foundation
- Whitesboro Warriors 'Volley for the Cure'
- Local veterans come together for warrior retreat
- Mug Club: RFA Presents Aida
- Mug Club: Identity Theft Presentation
- Operation Christmas Child
- Herkimer County Legislators present tentative 2018 budget
- Erin Hamlin presented DeWitt Clinton Award
- Feher Rubbish Removal ceases operations
- Local YWCA receives $20K from Mary Kay Foundation