WESTMORELAND, NY – An all-you-can-eat chicken riggie dinner took place at Seymour’s Diner in Westmorland Monday.
The 11th annual dinner was held to help raise money for a $1500 scholarship that will be awarded to a special needs student.
The scholarship is named after Alyssa Carol Hansen, a special needs student who passed away when she was in 5th grade.
Christine Hansen, Alyssa’s mother, says she didn’t let life’s obstacles get in her way.
It was this attitude that encouraged them to form the scholarship in Alyssa’s name.
“Special education children, special needs children, are sometimes left on the wayside. I think they should be recognized for their accomplishments, and my daughter really strived to meet her accomplishments.”
The Alyssa Carol Hansen Scholarship will be awarded to a special needs Senior that demonstrates good attitude, integrity, and behavior in achieving their daily and academic goals.
- All-you-can-eat dinner helps raise money for scholarship in Westmoreland
- Hoedown raises money for agricultural scholarship
- Westmoreland Pool Fundraiser
- NEWSTALK: Halloween in Westmoreland
- Mug Club: All You Can Eat Chicken Riggie Dinner
- Fire house Election Day dinner raises money for Schuyler ladies auxiliary
- NewsTalk: Believe 271 Scholarship
- Westmoreland residents receive KKK materials
- Westmoreland Masonic Lodge Open House
- Westmoreland town pool officially opens