The baby who was reported as being abducted on Thursday has been found, according to the Schuyler County Sheriff’s Office.
“Gionna Harter has been located and is safe,” a notice on the department’s Facebook page said. “Thank you to everyone for your assistance today.”
The official AMBER Alert Twitter page also put out a notice around 9 p.m. Thursday that the alert had been cancelled.
— AMBER Alert (@AMBERAlert) May 11, 2018
An Amber Alert has been issued for a baby who was reportedly abducted in Schuyler County.
Seventeen-day-old Gionna K. Harter was last seen around 5 a.m. Thursday when she was allegedly taken from 325 Rock Cabin Road in Montour Falls, according to the New York State Amber Alert website.
The suspect, 31-year-old Katrina Harter, is described as being 5 feet 3 inches tall, weighing about 330 pounds, with curly black hair and brown eyes. She was last seen traveling south on North Exchange Street in Geneva, and she was wearing a blue shirt.
The baby is described as being a black female, weighing nine pounds, 18 inches long, with short black hair and brown eyes.
Authorities say the child was taken under circumstances that lead police to believe she’s in imminent danger of serious physical injury or death.
Anybody with information about the abduction is asked to call the Schuyler County Sheriff’s Office at 866-NYS-AMBER or call 911 to report a sighting.
- UPDATE: Missing baby from Amber Alert found safe
- Amber Alert canceled; missing 14-year-old girl found safe
- Missing Rochester 14-year-old girl found, Amber Alert canceled
- Update: Missing Herkimer Girl Found Safe
- Amber Alert cancelled for missing toddler, search continues
- Amber Alert for 14-month-old toddler after mother's body found
- UPDATE: AMBER Alert canceled for 12-year-old Washington County girl
- Amber Alert for Ogdensburg teen cancelled
- UPDATE: Missing New York Mills man found safe
- UPDATE: Missing man in town of Westford found safe