ROME, N.Y. – AmeriCU Credit Union is offering some relief for members who are facing financial hardships due to the effects of the coronavirus outbreak.
While the lobbies are only open by appointment, the kiosks, ATMs and drive-thru tellers are still open.
AmeriCU is also offering the following benefits to members, including:
- Temporarily waiving penalties for early withdrawals from Share Certificates.
- Increasing withdrawal limits and debit card transactions limits.
- Expanding loan and mortgage deferral options. Eligible members can choose a short-term loan deferral for a limited time.
- Offering a skip-a-pay program for AmeriCU Credit Cards. Members in good standing with an AmeriCU credit card can request to skip their April statement payment.
- Special COVID-19 forbearance for AmeriCU Student Choice student loans.
- Fee reimbursements.
- A new low-interest COVID-19 Relief Loan available to current members to help supplement income or cover unexpected costs incurred because of the pandemic.
More information can also be found on the AmeriCU website.