UTICA, NY - Volunteers from the Mohawk Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross provided immediate emergency aid to nine people after a fire Friday night, October 26th, on 112 Main Street in Schenevus.
According to officials at the Schenevus Fire Department, they got the call around 9:45 p.m. on Friday. They said when they got there, the house was fully engulfed.
They said there were people inside when the fire started, but they got out safely.
The Red Cross provided financial assistance for necessities such as shelter, food and clothing to two families, consisting of 6 adults and three children, ages 12, 14 and 17. Volunteers also offered emotional support, blankets and comfort kits containing personal care items, as well as stuffed animals for the younger children.
The Red Cross staff and volunteers will continue to help those affected by the fire as they recover.
The Red Cross relies on the generosity of local donors. If you would like to help, you can visit redcross.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS to donate to Disaster Relief and help people affected by disasters.
You can also help by volunteering with the Red Cross. Browse current volunteer opportunities now at redcross.org/volunteer.
- American Red Cross Aids Nine After Schenevus Fire
- Seward pushing for advanced state aid payments to Schenevus CSD
- $25k in state aid granted for Schenevus-Worcester merger study
- Schenevus businessman seeking Senate seat
- Schenevus school officials say district is $700,000 in the red
- 4th annual American Red Cross Giving Day
- American Red Cross: ‘emergency need for blood‘
- American Red Cross eliminating Mohawk Valley Chapter
- American Red Cross helping two families after Rome fire
- American Red Cross helping six after Utica fire