UTICA, N.Y. – The Amerian Red Cross is eliminating its Mohawk Valley Chapter, and adding the covered counties into existing divisions.
Starting in April, Oneida and Herkimer counties will be included in the Central and Northern New York Chapter, while Delaware and Otsego counties will join the Southern Tier Chapter.
Red Cross officials say blood donation locations will remain the same, and there will still be an office located at the Utica Business Park.
There is not yet an executive director for the Central and Norther New York Chapter, which serves eight counties.
- American Red Cross eliminating Mohawk Valley Chapter
- Donate to the Mohawk Valley Red Cross Disaster Distress Program
- Red Cross helping 3 following Mohawk fire
- Mohawk Valley Red Cross sending volunteers to Florida in preparation for Dorian
- 4th annual American Red Cross Giving Day
- American Red Cross: ‘emergency need for blood‘
- Mohawk Valley recognizes Good Friday
- Dozens rally to eliminate racism at the Mohawk Valley YWCA in Utica
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association holds annual gala
- Mohawk Valley Water Authority Talks Freezing Pipes