The American Red Cross is pleading for people to donate blood.
The organization says it collected about 27,000 fewer blood and platelet donations over the holiday season.
The Red Cross says there also tends to be fewer donations in January due to weather and seasonal illness.
The blood type that is in highest demand is Type O.
For more information on how to donate, head to their website.
- American Red Cross in dire need of blood donations
- Emergency shortage: Red Cross in dire need of blood donations
- American Red Cross asking for donations amid blood shortage
- American Red Cross: ‘emergency need for blood‘
- American Red Cross still facing emergency blood shortage
- American Red Cross offering gift cards to blood donors
- Blood Donor Month: Red Cross in urgent need of blood donations
- 4th annual American Red Cross Giving Day
- American Red Cross eliminating Mohawk Valley Chapter
- 'Missing letters' encourage blood donation