Utica, N.Y. - Some Amtrak passengers were a little upset when they finally got to Utica Thursday night, after their train made a sudden and rather lengthy stop along the tracks in Schuyler, just a couple of miles from their stop at Utica's Union Station.
We do have a call in to Amtrak and have been told someone would call us back, but so far we have not received a return call.
We caught up with some of the passengers aboard that train when they finally did get off the train at Union Station in Utica around 8:00 Thursday night, some were upset for getting in so late and not being told exactly why they sat on the tracks for more than two hours.
One passenger said they were told that the train had to be inspected, but wasn't told why.
Passengers say some state troopers were onhand looking into the issue at the stop on the tracks in Schuyler.
We have also heard that the conductor may have thought he had hit something on the tracks and that may be why police were called.
As soon as we learn more, we will pass it along.
- Amtrak : Why a stop in Schuyler?
- Aluminum benches stolen from a Schuyler playground
- Mug Club: Schuyler Lake Truck Pulls
- Cars and corn highlight annual Schuyler event
- Frankfort-Schuyler star signs NLI with Herkimer
- Two-car accident in Schuyler under investigation
- Mug Club: Frankfort-Schuyler Craft & Vendor Fair
- Halloween at the Schuyler Fire Department
- Amtrak modifies service because of winter storms
- Amtrak train hits bag of grain in Little Falls, stops for two hours