WASHINGTON (AP) - Amtrak is modifying service in the Northeast and Midwest because of winter storms moving through the region.
The Capitol Limited, from Chicago to Washington, and the Lake Shoe Limited, from Chicago to New York, are canceled on Saturday.
On Sunday, five Acela trains and six Northeast Regional trains will not operate between New York and Boston. Six Keystone trains are canceled between New York and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Two Pennsylvanian trains are canceled between New York and Pittsburgh. Two Vermonter trains on Sunday will not run between St. Albans, Vermont, and New Haven, Connecticut.
Northeast Corridor service between New York and Washington will run as scheduled.
Amtrak passengers are advised to check on the status of their trains throughout the weekend.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Amtrak modifies service because of winter storms
- Services announced for former CEO of Amtrak Joseph Boardman
- Cuomo drops proposal to ban all modified stretch limos
- Winter Storm Wednesday
- Winter storm expected Friday...
- NYSDOT prepares for winter storm
- Amtrak : Why a stop in Schuyler?
- SUNY ESF looking for federal OK to share genetically modified chestnut trees
- Proctor winter ball postponed as winter storm approaches
- The first winter storm of the season