Summer is here, and it's going to feel like it for the extended holiday weekend. A huge dome of high pressure building south of our area will serve as a heat and humidity pump, bringing a surge of summer heat to our region. Here's a look at the details:
Thursday looks like a spectactular weather day! It will be hot and humid, but we're expecting plenty of sunshine. High temperatures climb to near 90. The humidity will make it feel more like low 90s during the middle of the afternoon. Those sensitive to the heat should limit outdoor activity during the middle of the day.
High temperatures look to reach 90 again on Friday, with slightly higher levels of humidity. There will be the chance of a pop up shower or storm late in the day.
A cold front moves in Saturday and brings a round of showers and thunderstorms to the region. This looks to be the wettest day of the four, with highs in the upper 80s. For those that don't like the heat and humidity, Sunday looks to be the nicest day of them all. A return to sunshine with lower humidity and highs in the low 80s.
- An early look at the holiday weekend forecast
- Weekend forecast
- Road conditions for the holiday weekend
- Roadwork suspended for upcoming holiday weekend
- Early thoughts on the weekend storm
- Memorial Day Weekend Forecast
- Weekend forecast is bittersweet
- Boilermaker Weekend Forecast
- Gov. Cuomo says state budget deal reached before holiday weekend
- NY State Police to step up patrols over holiday weekend