UTICA, N.Y. -- The annual Boilermaker wheelchair reception is taking place at Sitrin Health Care.
Utica is less than three days away from the greatest 15K race, and Thursday evening, past and present wheelchair racers have gathered for the annual reception.
WKTV’s Alicia Daddario talked to Sitrin STARS Director Marc DePerno about the ins and outs of the Boilermaker Wheelchair Challenge.
The main goal is to conquer the challenge by completing the Boilermaker 15K course using a standard chair in less than 2 hours and 15 minutes – and this year there are two challengers.
A special guest, Michelle Wheeler, will speak after suffering a spinal cord injury as a child due to domestic abuse, she was adopted by Joan and Bill Wheeler, who encouraged her to pursue sports.
- Past and present Boilermaker wheelchair racers gather at annual reception
- Boilermaker weekend kicks off with Sitrin wheelchair reception
- 40 wheelchair racers are on their way
- Racers on their way in 40th annual Boilermaker 15K
- Wheelchair racers weigh in on first-ever delay ahead of Boilermaker start
- 74 honored at 2019 Boilermaker Charity Bib Reception
- Boilermaker 5K, 15K & wheelchair race top finishers
- Boilermaker wheelchair race starts after significant delay
- Boilermaker wheelchair competitor Hermic Garic prepares for the big race
- Daniel Romanchuk wins Boilermaker 15K wheelchair race for 3rd time