UTICA – The annual CNY Memorial Stair Climb will be Saturday, Sept. 7, 2019 this year in remembrance of lives lost on Sept. 11, 2001.
The opening ceremony will begin at 8:30 a.m. at the state office building in Utica with the national anthem and a moment of silence.
The first wave of climbers will start at 8:46 am, which is the time the first plane struck the first tower on 9/11.
Jeff Burkhart, director of the event, says the proceeds will be going to charity.
“We do raise some funds…but we don’t keep any of the money. We keep enough to basically start us out for the following year and everything else goes back to charities,” said Burkhart.
People are invited to watch each climber cross the stage and announce the first responder they are honoring by climbing in the annual event.
Members of the New York City Fire Department will also participate in the event.
- Annual CNY Memorial Stair Climb set for Sept. 7
- NewsTalk: CNY Memorial Stair Climb
- CNY Memorial Stair Climb draws hundreds
- NewsTalk: 4th annual CNY Memorial Stair Climb on Saturday
- WATCH LIVE: 4th annual CNY Memorial Stair Climb in Utica
- 400 take part in 4th annual CNY Memorial StaIr Climb
- Texas Roadhouse hosts fundraiser for CNY Memorial Stair Climb
- Retired FDNY firefighter in town for CNY Memorial Stair Climb
- CNY Stair Climb holds fundraiser for upcoming event
- CNY Memorial Stair Climb registration to begin Sunday for first responders