UTICA -- The American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk kicked off at the Masonic Care Community in Utica Sunday.
The event aims to honor people affected by cancer, and raise money to support the cause.
This year, 3,000 walkers helped raise $200,000.
"I can't imagine being a breast cancer survivior," said Event Manager Bob Elinskas. "...this community stands with everybody who's fighting breast cancer. "It's amazing to see the sea of pink and all the people who come out in all types of weather to show their support and to show that this community supports you."
- Annual Making Strides against Breast Cancer walk
- Survivors among the thousands taking strides to fight Breast Cancer
- Rome, Utica making strides in accessibility efforts
- Mug Club: Stars for Strides
- Greenscapes holds breast cancer fundraiser
- Syracuse women making slow strides on the basketball court
- NewsTalk: Pink Power Breast Cancer Awareness Brunch
- Comets' Gaudette taking wild rookie year in stride
- 'Stars for Strides' fundraiser held in New York Mills
- Utica firefighters raise funds for local woman fighting breast cancer