ORISKANY – More than two months after the initial outbreak, MetLife in Oriskany is once again dealing with the presence of bed bugs in the office.
The company is now asking employees to get in touch with the company Orkin for a free inspection of their homes if they feel they may have a problem there. When the bed bugs were initially confirmed at MetLife back in September, the company said they believeD the bed bugs were being brought into the office because once the office had already been treated and cleared, they found them again.
Employees were warned to keep their bags off the floor, keep their work areas clean and to inspect their belongings before entering the building.
A notice was sent out to employees notifying them that another bed bug was found yesterday, and asking them to have their homes inspected free of charge if needed.
An inspection at MetLife tomorrow will include bed bug detection dogs.
- Another bed bug found at MetLife in Oriskany; Company offers employees free home inspection
- Free NYS Boater Safety Course offered in Oriskany, registration required
- Free Car Seat Inspection Event
- Free car seat inspections taking place in Ilion today
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Oriskany Street, Utica
- Confederate flag, hanging skeleton no longer outside of Oriskany home
- MVCC offers free fitness week classes
- Oneida County offering free Narcan training
- Oriskany Street accident causes traffic delays
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory lifted in Oriskany