HERKIMER, N.Y. -- Another fire broke out in the town of Herkimer Wednesday morning at Altrux on Route 28.
The Route 28 fire had crews scrambling to get it under control following another fire in the village at Ole VI.
Smoke could be seen billowing from the Altrux building for hours.
Altrux is a heavy equipment repair shop in the town of Herkimer.
Firefighters had to break away from the Ole VI fire, to fight this one.
The fact that the building is a steel structure made it challenging for crews, as they had difficulties opening it up to vent.
There were no injuries, and the investigation into the cause is ongoing.
- Steel structure made fighting Altrux fire difficult for crews in Herkimer
- Crews fight small fire at Herkimer apartment building
- UPDATE: Crews battle structure fire in New Hartford
- Structure Fire Reported in Kirkland
- UPDATE: Crews still on scene of fire at Pacemaker Steel & Piping
- Crews made quick work of Fairfield chimney fire
- Crews made quick work of kitchen fire in Rome
- Several fire departments respond to structure fire in Westmoreland
- 'Pacemaker Steel' will continue work in new location after fire
- Several people displaced by Herkimer fire