HERKIMER, N.Y. -- Another fire broke out in the town of Herkimer Wednesday morning at Altrux on Route 28.
The Route 28 fire had crews scrambling to get it under control following another fire in the village at Ole VI.
Smoke could be seen billowing from the Altrux building for hours.
Altrux is a heavy equipment repair shop in the town of Herkimer.
Firefighters had to break away from the Ole VI fire, to fight this one.
The fact that the building is a steel structure made it challenging for crews, as they had difficulties opening it up to vent.
There were no injuries, and the investigation into the cause is ongoing.
- Steel structure made fighting Altrux fire difficult for crews in Herkimer
- Crews fight small fire at Herkimer apartment building
- UPDATE: Crews battle structure fire in New Hartford
- Fire crews make quick work of Herkimer fire
- Structure Fire Reported in Kirkland
- Crews urge caution during Herkimer road construction
- UPDATE: Crews still on scene of fire at Pacemaker Steel & Piping
- Crews made quick work of Fairfield chimney fire
- Crews made quick work of kitchen fire in Rome
- Structure completely destroyed in Fairfield fire