Here we go again. Thunderstorms are in the forecast for Wednesday afternoon. A few of them could be on the stronger side. The storm prediction center has our region covered for the risk of severe weather (on a scale of 3 out of 6). The highest risk includes strong winds and locally heavy rain, but hail and a few rotating storms (especially east) can't be ruled out.
The timing of these storms is expected to be during the late morning to early afternoon. The greatest chance for severe weather will be south and east of Utica, with the highest risk over the Hudson Valley and Western New England. These areas will see storms in the late afternoon - the typical prime time for strong storms.
Once the storms pass through the region, the weather looks to cool down in a big way. Highs climb only into the mid 70s on Thursday, and only near 70 for Friday. It will feel like early fall in Central New York too, with overnight lows in the upper 40s.
- Another round of strong storms possible Wednesday
- Strong storms possible Thursday
- Winter Storm Wednesday
- Strong storms moving through CNY tonight
- Round 1 of first winter storm of the season arrives
- Strong to Severe Storms Possible This Afternoon and Evening
- Watch out for storms on Wednesday!
- A winter storm in Hawaii has produced strong winds, high surf, and yes, even snow
- Feed Our Vets pantry closed ahead of Wednesday's storm
- Snow plows hard at work during Wednesday's storm